Thanks for visiting the homepage of the Blount County Libertarian Party. We are a political organization that is excited about spreading the philosophy of freedom. I hope you find our message of maximum liberty and minimum government worthy of your support.
The Party of Principle: Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government
Have Republicans and Democrats let you down?
1. Bring our troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan
- The recent troop withdrawal from Iraq was too long in coming. Our "anti-war" president took over 3 years to get our troops out. And yet there will remain about 3,000 American troops in Iraq not counting the State Department contractors left behind to rebuild the destruction. There are still almost 70,000 American sons and daughters in Afghanistan. And don't forget about the new conflicts Obama has started in Egypt, Syria, and a pending one with Iran. And don't think it will get better with Republicans in charge. They have outright stated their intentions for continuing war.
So, you have to ask yourself: Why would already war-weary Americans vote for more war candidates? Bring all our troops home and get them out of harm's way!
2. Stop rewarding failed companies with bailouts.
- At the end of Bush's presidency, he threw almost $800 Billion at failing companies (and no local businesses) at the expense of the American taxpayer and established the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP). When Obama was elected, he made use of the TARP and threw almost $800 Billion more at even more "too big to fail" companies. The federal government uses tax money to subsidize failures, but where is the help for the small businesses struggling to stay open? It's plain to see that Republicans and Democrats use their power and influence to help out their big business friends while the rest of us pay the bill. Any talk from them about helping out the taxpayer is just that: talk. Any business that can't stand on its own doesn't deserve to be kept open at your expense. Let them fail and allow small, efficient, well-run businesses to fill the void.
3. Cut taxes and spending and let the free market work.
- Republicans and Democrats have gone back and forth in controlling government; are you any better off? Do you have more or less money in your pocket? Are your hard-earned dollars worth more or less? What makes you think it will get better by continuing to vote for the same political parties? Even here in Blount County, our all-Republican commission has done nothing to address our $250 Million debt but, as of yet, have never voted down a spending increase. And in June 2012, they will have to vote to raise property taxes for a second time in two years or cut spending, which they never have. Libertarians would cut taxes and spending by 50% or more and let Americans decide how best to spend their money.
It is so easy to see that Republicans and Democrats, when given the chance to prove themselves, have abused their positions and ignored their constituents. America is in a state of perpetual war, the value of our currency is falling, the cost of living is rising, but Republicans and Democrats keep spending more and more.
When will you say "Enough is Enough" and join the only political party that is fighting for Liberty? Minimum government, Maximum Freedom, and free membership in Tennessee. What's not to like?
Summary of libertarian principles:
1 – Right to Life - Libertarians support the prohibition of the initiation of physical force against others.
2 – Right to Freedom of speech and action - Libertarians support full freedom of expression and oppose government censorship.
3 – Right to personal property - The owners of property have the full right to control, use, dispose of, or in any manner enjoy, their property without interference, until and unless the exercise of their control infringes the valid rights of others.
4 – Defense of Freedom - The only legitimate use of force is in defense of individual rights — life, liberty, and justly acquired property — against aggression.